Here are 17 Awesome Things to Know About Germany
Germany is well-known globally for numerous things. Travel, technological advancement, and education are amongst many of Germany’s key attractions. Indeed, the country is a fascinating destination to explore and cherish the moments. Germany, which has the world’s 4th largest economy by nominal GDP and the world’s 5th largest economy by purchasing power parity, is renowned for its world-class education.
Let’s have a glance at the top 17 crucial German facts that will give insight on how the country operates.
- German is the most widely spoken native language in Europe and is ranked at 11th globally. Learn German language online so that you can also be a part of this widely spoken language.
- The Federal Republic of Germany was formed on October 3, 1990, when East and West Germany reunited.
- Located in the northeastern corner of Germany, Berlin is the nation’s capital. With a total population of 3,645,005, Berlin is a hotspot for expats and international students.
- Since 2002, the Euro has been the official currency of Germany.
- As the seventh largest country in Europe, Germany is a medium-sized country. With a total land area of 34,836 square miles and a water area of 3,011 square miles, the total area is 137,847 square miles.
- Germany has produced a number of influential composers, bands, and artists who have ushered in new musical trends over the course of several centuries. The repertoire of German classical composers is among the most frequently played worldwide. When it comes to the sales of recorded music, Germany ranks third worldwide and first in Europe.
- The German people take an immense level of pride in their language and culture. Because of this, films are typically dubbed into German with the help of local actors. As a result, dubbing has become a 115 million Euro industry and has helped to promote Germany against Hollywood. German language lessons will help you to relish German art and culture.
- The federal republic of Germany consists of sixteen individual states. Each state operates under its own constitution and has substantial independence from the others.
- There is no doubt that Germany is a literary powerhouse. Annual production of roughly 94,000 titles. German publishers introduced the world to the first magazine in 1663.
- Sports are widely enjoyed in Germany, both as spectator events and as active pursuits. Football (soccer), or Fußball as it is known in Germany, is incredibly popular across the country. In recent decades, Germany’s national team has been one of the best in the world, and as a result, they’ve topped the FIFA world rankings.
11. Germany has a high population density, ranking among the top countries in the world. The total population of Germany is 81 million.
12. The German car industry is one of the world’s largest, with annual sales of about 6 million vehicles.
13. Germany is known for its wide variety of foods and beverages, including around 5000 varieties of beer, 3000 varieties of bread, and around 1500 varieties of sausage.
14. In Germany, a prisoner who escapes is not punished because the desire for freedom is a basic human instinct.
15. The German castles are among the most beautiful in the world. Germany is home to more than 20,000 castles, so if you’re looking to visit a castle while there, you’ll have lots of options.
16. Forests make over one-third of Germany’s land area. More over 11 million acres of forest cover Germany. About 32% of Germany is forested, which is a significant amount.
17. The locals of Berlin refer to the chancellor’s office as the “washing machine.”
Germany has plenty to offer everyone. Plan ahead so that your next vacation goes smoothly.